St. Issey Parish Council Grants Policy
St. Issey Parish Council will consider applications for grants from voluntary groups or charitable organisations. To qualify for an award the applicant must be able to demonstrate that any funding from St. Issey Parish Council will benefit the Parish, or residents of the Parish. Grant applications will be dealt with by the Full Council.
In determining the validity of an application, the committees will refer to the following guidelines:
Applications will be considered for the following purposes:
- For the purpose of purchasing equipment either in part or full
- For the funding of transport that will enable group members to partake in a group trip or outing regardless on they rincomes
- For training activities or to purchase the expertise of an outside trainer / instructor / facilitator
- For activities that raise the profile of the area
- For running costs of a viable group that is experiencing a period of hardship
- For hosting special events or celebrations
- For the provision of recreational facilities
- Grants will not be awareded to individuals
- Addition applications within a 12 month period will not normally be considered
- The award must be use for the purpose for which the application was made.
- If the group is unable to use the award for the stated purpose, all monies must be returned to St. Issey Parish Council.
- All awards must be properly accounted for and evidence of expenditure should be supplied as requested. If St. Issey Parish Council is not satisfied with the arrangements, they reserve the right to request a refund of the monies awarded.
- St. Issey Parish Council reserves the right to withhold any agreed grant until such time as satisfactory invoices or evidence of the project can be presented to the council.
- Donations to Registered Charities in response to a general fundraising appeal will be restricted to an upper limit of £300
- Groups operating outside the Parish boundary will normally be limited to an upper limit of £100
- Any grant awarded to St. Issey Parish Council may be subject to additional conditions as determined by the council.
- Any charity, Voluntary Group or Community Organisation
- Agencies that operate within St. issue Parish and are of benefit to the local community, with the following provisos:
- St. Issey Parish Council will not fund activities that it considers to be the responsibility o the statuary authority
- Applications from schools for an activity that takes place within the school day will not be considered
- St. Issey Parish Council will not fund activities outside its powers and functions.