Conditions of Maintenance Contract
- Contractor to hold Public Liability Insurance, minimum being to the sum of £5,000,000.
- Grass in all areas to be cut between 1st May and 31st October with 1 cut per month.
- Grass cuttings in all areas to be collected and removed.
- Grass to be cut level and right up to headstones in the Churchyard.
- Weeds in areas between headstones and churchyard perimeter to be strimmed at each cut from 1st May to 31st October.
- Ivy to be carefully removed from headstones.
- Path edges in all areas to be trimmed and cut back level throughout the year.
- Headstones to be checked for any movement and Parish Chairman to be notified that checks have been done, and shown any headstones where movement is apparent.
- Contractor to be paid in two equal payments on 30th June and 30th October – invoices to be given to clerk in good time for June and October meetings (2nd Monday in month).
- Contract duration 2020-2023 incl.
N.B. Failure to comply with the above conditions will result in termination of the contract. If any contractor is related to a member or holder of office of the council he and the person to whom he is related should disclose this to the clerk in writing. Failure to do so could result in termination of contract. The clerk must notify the council of any such disclosure.